Usually, the phrase of “social networking” can carry negative implications for educators; so many school officials strongly restrict the use of social networking sites. However, if you look at the recent trend, where Facebook usage is around 90% across many educational campuses and institutions, it is good to smartly adopt the use of educational networking sites which can utilize social networking technologies but for the educational purposes only. Also, the social networking is considered to be a robust tool for communication and so many teachers, mentors, coaches, guardians, etc. positively adopt this way to reach out and support their children or students widely. Even, the students who belong to low-income class can be enough skilled as their rich counterparts. Edoome is one of the great examples of its line, this educational social network is designed to let students, parents and teachers to interact, collaborate and share their educational content and knowledge online.
Edoome enables students and teachers to push their learning beyond the borders of the classroom through social networking just with a view to improve the experience of course and final results. This site helps students to become socially and academically integrated and to enhance their learning outcomes. As Edoome connects all, including teachers, students and parents; it can help to develop relationships with students and their parents.
Edoome is very interesting because it allows access to multiple educational management tools, apart from its belonged institution. Thus, you can make use of tools as well interact simply at this free platform. If you know español (Spanish language), then you may be glad to know that Edoome offers you to interact in your native language, for others there is an alternative and common version of English too.
As Edoome is created based on educational purpose, it is extremely easy to access. Even at the welcome screen, you can see the demo profile based on both categories, for student and teacher. Just click on the related one, and know more about the site.
To get started with Edoome, you need to get registered at the site. Moreover, this is totally free, simple and less time consuming. Even, you can get chance to create a course only after registration. Yes, users can create their own course and also invite their counterparts to join. This means, registration gives you the code to invite other teachers and students for simple and functional interaction. In addition to this, users can separately make search for institutions at Edoome.
When it comes to the Transparency of students’ behavior regarding to their study, then Edoome is most worthy. Here, teachers have a chance to communicate with the parents of their students. Parents are provided with codes which make them simply enter the site and view their children’s grades and other observations.
All in one, Edoome makes classroom a community, as it lets teachers to post messages, discuss classroom topics, assign and grade class work, share content and materials, and exchange ideas with their students. Thus, it aims to promote anytime and anyplace learning.
- Free and simple to access
- Interact, collaborate and share educational content and knowledge online
- It connects all – teachers, students and parents at one single platform
- Helps in developing relationships with students
- It allows access to multiple educational management tools instead of its belonged institution
- Spanish people can interact in their native language
- Common version of English is also available
- Users can separately make search for institutions
- It offers demo profile based on both categories, for student and teacher
- Teachers can assign and grade class work online
- Users can get a chance to create a course and also invite their counterparts to join
- Parents can view their children’s grades and other observations
- Teachers can post messages, discuss classroom topics, share content and materials, and exchange ideas with their students
- Registration is compulsory to get started
- Most interaction is done in español (Spanish language)
- Code is needed to invite other teachers and students for interaction